Are your physiotherapy services paid for by OHIP?
St. Catharines Physiotherapy Centre is a registered OHIP provider! To qualify for coverage under OHIP you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a valid OHIP card and,
- Must have a recent referral from a physician or nurse practitioner and,
- Must be 19 years or younger or;
- Must be 65 years or older or;
- Recently discharged as an inpatient from a hospital and requiring physiotherapy services that are directly connected to the condition, illness or injury for which you were admitted or;
- Be eligible for funding services under the ODSP or OW medical programs or;
- Have completed community based rehabilitation after a total knee or hip replacement and it is deemed that more treatment is necessary
OHIP does not cover massage therapy or ADP assessments.
What are your fees?
Private coverage fees are:
$80.00 for the initial assessment and $60.00 for each subsequent treatment.
Massage Treatments are:
- 60min – $75.22 + $9.78 HST ($85.00)
- 45 mins $61.95 + $8.05 HST ($70.00)
- 30 mins $48.68 + $6.32 HST ($55.00)
Athletic Therapy* fees are:
$60.00 for the initial assessment and $45.00 for each subsequent treatment.
*Many extended health providers cover Athletic Therapy, please check your policy prior to booking
Shift Concussion Management fees are:
- Baseline Testing
(Only ImPACT neurocognitive test and interpretation)
- Comprehensive Baseline Testing
(ImPACT + Vestibular Testing)
- Post Injury Concussion Management Assessment
(ImPACT + binocular vision/balance/cervical spine assessment as well as through health and medical history)
- Concussion Management Follow-up Treatment
(30 minutes with Athletic Therapist + ImPACT)
$65.00 or $55.00 (no ImPACT)
Groups of 5 or more teammates/ associations or teams may qualify for a discount for Baseline testing. Please contact clinic for further details or questions.
We accept cash, VISA, Mastercard, cheque and debit. Direct billing to extended health companies is also available, please inquire to find out if your provider is eligible.
What are your hours of operation?
Our business hours are Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Where are you located?
We are located at 145 Carlton Street (Corner of Lake St. and Carlton St.) in the Lake & Carlton Plaza. There is free parking and we are accessible by St. Catharines Transit Route #5 and #6. We are street level and wheelchair accessible.
Do you need a doctor's referral?
Generally, No, a Physician’s referral is not required as Physiotherapists are primary care practitioners. However, seeing your family doctor may be beneficial in the overall management of your injury. As well, some extended health care companies require a Physician’s referral. To be covered under the Ministry of Health OHIP program, a Physician’s referral will be required.
Who is treatment provided by?
Assessment and treatment is provided by a Physiotherapist registered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. Our Athletic Therapists may also work with you and the Physiotherapist to facilitate your functional recovery.
Do you have a registered Massage Therapist?
Yes, there is a registered Massage Therapist on site.
The fees are:
$75.22 + $9.78 HST ($85.00) per hour
$61.95 + $8.05 HST ($70.00) for 45 minutes
$48.68 + $6.32 HST ($55.00) per half hour
Some extended health benefits also cover massage therapy with the recommendation of a Physician. The Massage Therapist is independent and works with the clinic.