Osteoarthritis in your Hip or Knee?
If you experience pain and limitation due to osteoarthritis (OA) in your hip and/or knee, this new program may be right for you!
- The goal is to reduce symptoms so that you can do the things you want to do
- The program has been shown to improve quality of life, reduce pain and use of pain killersi, and may delay the need for joint replacement surgeryii
- This program is unique because it teaches you how to build the correct movement patterns into your everyday activities
- The program is suitable for individuals with early to late stages of OA
- Can also positively impact other chronic diseases such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, etc.
What is the GLA:DTM Canada program?
- After development and proven success in Denmark, the Ontario Trillium Foundation funded the Canadian Orthopedic Foundation to implement the program in Canada
- The program is based on the most up to date evidence on how to manage hip and knee OA
- The program consists of 2 education sessions and 12 exercise sessions over 7 weeks
- Classes are done in small groups, delivered by specially trained physiotherapists
- Individualized, targeted exercise that can be applied to movement in everyday activities are prescribed
- More information about the program can be found at http://gladcanada.ca